Monkey boys are one result of secret genetic experimentation at the Lone Star Complex by Dr Desmond Bradford. There are three primary tracks for the research: spies, soldiers, and technicians. Each has unique characteristics and the resulting mutants are nearly as versatile as humans.
- Natural Climbers: All Monkey Boys retain the base animal’s natural climbing abilities and begins with d8 in Climbing.
- Prehensile Feet: Monkey Boys can use their feet to the same effectiveness as they would their hands. This includes using weapons, computers, and any other task which requires manual dexterity.
Mini-Monkey Spy Abilities
- Small: Mini-Monkeys were genetically engineered for spycraft and are able to fit into spaces many others cannot. They begin with the Small Hindrance.
- Agile: Mini-Monkeys are much more agile than the other genetic pools. They begin with a d6 in Agility.
Monkey Boy Soldiers
- Strong: Monkey Boys genetically engineered as soldiers are most commonly created from gorilla, orangutan, and other large ape stock. They are engineered to overpower their opponents and begin with a d6 in Strength.
- Non-Standard Physiology: Monkey Boy soldiers have odd proportions and require customized armor.
- Mean: Monkey Boy soldiers tend to be aggressive and have a hard time interacting outside of combat. This can be swapped for Distinctive D-Bee for characters that are free-born.
Monkey Boy Techs
- Smart: Monkey Boys genetically engineered as technicians and scientists are most commonly created from chimpanzee stock. They are engineered to be as smart as their human counterparts and begin with a d6 Smarts.
- Arrogant: Being engineered to be smart has also made it difficult to convince them when they’re wrong. They often view others with disdain and suffer a -2 Charisma in most social situations.
- Pacifist: Monkey Boy techs avoid violence in all but life-and-death circumstances.
- Technical: Monkey Boy techs begin with a d6 in one Knowledge skill of choice.