These creatures are alien predators that prey on large animals, including humans and humanoids. Grigleapers are fearless and have been known to take on Devil Unicorns, dragons, and Tyrannosaurs. The predators have characteristics of both animals and insects, with powerful, grasshopper-like hind legs, four arms, and a bony exoskeleton. Slime-covered tentacles extend from the four arms to ensnare and entangle prey and their long and flexible tail has a sharp, blade-like spike for slashing and stabbing as much as balance.
They typically hunt in packs of 4-16, though some larger nests in ancient ruins have been infested with hundreds.
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6(A), Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d10
Skills: Climbing d12, Fighting d10, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Survival d10, Swim d8, Tracking 108
Pace: 8 (d8); Parry: 7; Toughness: 16 (9)
- Bony Exoskeleton: Grigleapers have +9 Armor from the plate armor.
- Ensnare: Rather than claw an opponent, grigleapers may use the slimy tentacles to entangle opponents using a Fighting roll. On a success, the target suffers -2 to Pace and Strength- or Agility-linked skills. With a raise, the target is fully restrained and cannot act except to break the binding. To escape on their turn, the target must succeed with a Strength or Agility roll at -2. With a raise, the target may also act normally in the same round.
- Extra Limbs: Grigleapers have four arms and may strike with each in a single round. When attacking with claws or ensnaring, they may take up to 4 standard actions, in addition to the action granted by their tail.
- Fear: The creatures are a hideous sight to behold and anyone who encounters one must succeed in a Fear test or roll on the Fear table (Extras are automatically Panicked). When encountered in packs of 10 or more, the Fear test is made at -2.
- Fearless: These predators are bold and scared of nothing. They are not subject to Fear tests.
- Leaping: The creature has powerful hind legs which it can use to leap up to 16 inches horizontally and 8 inches vertically. When combined with Fighting, grigleapers add +3 to their damage roll.
- Prehensile Tail: Grigleapers may use it’s tail as a free standard action. The tail blade inflicts Str + d6 damage (AP 4; Mega Damage).
- Rending Claws: The creature’s massive claws can tear apart even power armor (Str + d10; AP 4; Mega Damage).
- Quick: These creatures discard any Action Card of 5 or lower.
- Wall Walker: The creature only makes Climbing rolls in the most adverse situations. A grigleaper may walk along walls at its standard movement rate and may run as usual.