These creatures are stocky with rough, almost scaly skin and five eyes, two of which at the end of short eye stalks. They feed on the flesh of everything from animals to fish to intelligent humanoids, even their own kind. They are excellent swimmers, though they are not amphibious.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Boating d8, Fighting d8, Repair d6, Stealth d8, Shooting d6, Survival d8
Edges: Calculating, Fleet-Footed, Major Psionic, Steady Hands
Hindrances: Greedy, Loyal (Splugorth)
Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6)
Gear (choose one package from the list below):
- Sonic Rifle (3d6 MD, AP 2, RoF 3, 30 shots), Vibro-Sword (Str + d8, AP 4) , Half-suit of armor (+6)
- Energy Trident (2d6+2 MD, 12/24/48, AP 2, RoF 1, 20 shots; Str + d10, AP 4 as melee attack), Half-suit of armor (+6)
- Low Light Vision: Horune Pirates have near perfect vision in their three primary eyes and hawk-like vision, as well as being able to see in infrared and ultraviolet spectrums in the two eye stalks. They ignore penalties for Dim and Dark lighting.
- Tough Skin: The creatures’ skin is incredibly resilient, granting the Horune Pirates +1 Toughness.
- Natural Swimmers: Horune Pirates gain +2 to any Athletics test for swimming.
- Natural Antibodies: Horune Pirates gain +4 to any trait test to resist the effects of disease.
- Regeneration (slow): Horune Pirates make a natural healing roll once per day, capable of even regenerating severed appendages.
- Natural Psychics: All Horune are formidable psychics. They have the powers of Arcane Protection, Elemental Manipulation, Object Reading, Boost/Lower Trait, and Warrior’s Gift.