Temporal Warriors, while taught the secrets of manipulating space and time, are also well-trained warriors who focus on combining their temporal magic with physical combat. They make excellent assassins, capable of infiltrating high-security areas by hiding their weapons in dimensional pockets and envelopes. They favor using their temporal magic to toy with their opponent by disorienting and confusing them before striking them down.
Some Temporal Warriors choose to continue serving their mentor for up to an additional eight years, but as a partner rather than servant.
Hero’s Journey (Five Rolls)
Temporal Warriors gain one roll on each of the following tables (total of three rolls): Education, Training, and Underworld & Black Ops.
Temporal Warriors gain two additional rolls on any table, except Psionics.
Masters of Space & Time
Temporal Warriors spend anywhere from six to fourteen years of their life learning the secrets of temporal magic from demonic mentors. Many, but not all, share the creature’s obsession with wealth and power.
Possessing the Arcane Background (Temporal Magic), they have the following powers to choose from: armor, banish, blast, bolt, confusion, darksight, deflection, detect arcana, dispel, environmental protection, farsight, illusion, intangibility, light/obscure, slow, speak language, speed, summon ally, teleport, and warrior’s gift.
Temporal Warriors are Masters of Magic and have the Mega Power option for any spells they know and may choose any trappings for their powers except Necromantic.
Temporal Warriors Abilities and Bonuses
Temporal Warriors have sacrificed a part of their humanity for control of primordial forces, gaining spell knowledge which not only manipulates space and time, but aids them in their travels.
- Arcane Background (Temporal Magic): Temporal Warriors begin with a total of four powers from the list above, 15 PPE, and the Spellcasting (Smarts) skill starting at d8. As an arcanist, Temporal Warriors may also draw power from ley lines, increasing their maximum PPE to twice their normal maximum PPE.
- Dimensional Envelope: Temporal Warriors have such fine-tuned control of space and time that they can create small pockets in the universe which only they can access. See rules on Dimensional Envelopes at the end of this section.
- Dimension Sense: With a successful Notice roll, a Temporal Warriors can determine the location of dimensional rifts, dimensional pockets, mystic portals, dimensional teleportation, and time holes within 20 miles. If within a half mile of the event, a successful Notice roll also reveals the dimension to which the anomaly opened.
- Expanded Awareness: Temporal Warriors can use detect arcana at will, with no PPE cost, as a free action.
- Intense Combat Training: A Temporal Warrior begins play with a d8 in Fighting (OR Shooting) and three specialized Combat Edges: Battle Hardened, Killer Instinct (OR Marksman) and Extraction.
- Master of Magic: Temporal Warriors have Mega Powers for their spells, and a Temporal Warriors begins with the Master of Magic Edge, gaining Mega Powers for all known spells, and also starts with the Rapid Recharge Edge.
- Rift Attunement: Temporal Warriors are attuned to the dimensional energy used to manipulate rifts. Like a Ley Line Walker, Temporal Warriors may attempt to manipulate a rift without spending 30 PPE (though a successful arcane skill roll is still required)
Temporal Warrior Complications
The secrets of Temporal Magic is taught only through the tutelage of the demonic Temporal Raiders or a Temporal Wizard.
- Bonds of Servitude: Temporal Warriors serve the demonic masters of temporal magic, Temporal Raiders. From the start and for no additional benefit, the character gains the result of one roll on the Crazy’s Psyche Degradation table.
- Cybernetics: Like all men of magic, cybernetics hinder a Temporal Warrior’s powers, imposing a -1 to Spellcasting rolls for each point of Strain.
- Enemies: Temporal Warriors will radiate magic and thus be “shoot-on-sight” targets for Coalition forces.
Temporal Warrior Starting Gear
Combat Mage Armor, Flaming Sword OR NG-IP7 Ion Pulse Rifle, NG-S2 survival pack, 1d8 x 1000 credits.