Temporal Wizards command the power of space and time itself, traveling to many dimensions with their magicks. Beginning as a servant and apprentice to a powerful creature known as a Temporal Raider, they must endure the Bonds of Servitude for a minimum of six years, and only learning the secrets of temporal magic during their final year of servitude.
Some Temporal Wizards choose to continue serving their mentor for up to an additional eight years, but as a partner rather than servant.
Hero’s Journey (Five Rolls)
Temporal Wizards gain three rolls on any of the following tables: Education, Experience & Wisdom, Enchanted Items & Mystic Gadgets, Magic & Mysticism.
Temporal Wizards gain two additional rolls on any table, except Psionics.
Masters of Space & Time
Temporal Wizards spend anywhere from six to fourteen years of their life learning the secrets of temporal magic from their demonic mentors. While many seek the secrets, not all share the creature’s obsession with wealth and power, choosing to part ways as quickly as possible to save both their honor and their insanity.
Possessing the Arcane Background (Temporal Magic), they have the following powers to choose from: armor, banish, blast, bolt, confusion, darksight, deflection, detect arcana, dispel, environmental protection, farsight, illusion, intangibility, light/obscure, slow, speak language, speed, summon ally, teleport, and warrior’s gift.
Temporal Wizards are Masters of Magic and have the Mega Power option for any spells they know and may choose any trappings for their powers except Necromantic.
Temporal Wizard Abilities and Bonuses
Temporal Wizards have sacrificed a part of their humanity for control of primordial forces, gaining spell knowledge which not only manipulates space and time, but aids them in their travels.
- Arcane Background (Temporal Magic): Temporal Wizards begin with a total of five powers from the list above, 15 PPE, and the Spellcasting (Smarts) skill starting at d8. As an arcanist, Temporal Wizards may also draw power from ley lines, increasing their maximum PPE to twice their normal maximum PPE. Temporal Wizards also gain access to the Time trapping.
- Dimensional Envelope: Temporal Wizards have such fine-tuned control of space and time that they can create small pockets in the universe which only they can access. See rules on Dimensional Envelopes at the end of this section.
- Dimension Sense: With a successful Notice roll, a Temporal Wizards can determine the location of dimensional rifts, dimensional pockets, mystic portals, dimensional teleportation, and time holes within 20 miles. If within a half mile of the event, a successful Notice roll also reveals the dimension to which the anomaly opened.
- Expanded Awareness: Temporal Wizards can use detect arcana at will, with no PPE cost, as a free action.
- Ley Line Phasing: Temporal Wizards begin with the Ley Line Phasing Edge.
- Master of Magic: Temporal Wizards have Mega Powers for their spells, and a Temporal Wizard begins with the Master of Magic Edge, gaining Mega Powers for all known spells, and also starts with the Rapid Recharge Edge.
- Rift Attunement: Temporal Wizards are attuned to the dimensional energy used to manipulate rifts. Like a Ley Line Walker, Temporal Wizards may attempt to manipulate a rift without spending 30 PPE (though a successful arcane skill roll is still required)
Temporal Wizard Complications
The secrets of Temporal Magic is taught only through the tutelage of the demonic Temporal Raiders or another Temporal Wizard.
- Bonds of Servitude: Temporal Wizards serve the demonic masters of temporal magic, Temporal Raiders. From the start and for no additional benefit, the character gains the result of one roll on the Crazy’s Psyche Degradation table.
- Cybernetics: Like all men of magic, cybernetics hinder a Temporal Wizard’s powers, imposing a -1 to Spellcasting rolls for each point of Strain.
- Enemies: Temporal Wizards will radiate magic and thus be “shoot-on-sight” targets for Coalition forces.
Temporal Wizard Starting Gear
Ley Line Walker Light Armor, NG-33 Laser Pistol, NG-S2 survival pack, 2d4 x 1000 credits.