The elves are considered to be elthedar or the elder fey and they did not always marry other elves. Over the centuries, the intermarriage of different races created entirely new races. Gnomes share kin in Eredane’s ancient history with Kurgun Dwarves and Halflings share the dark skin and lineage with the Danisil elves. No longer half-breeds, centuries of intermarriage has created two entirely unique races.
Gnomes are both clever and resourceful, their culture and history characterized by their adaptable nature. The gnomes eschewed mountain life, migrating to the coastal hills of the Ebon Sea before being forced to flee the Dornish invaders, later returning and bearing no ill will to offer their services as merchants and guides. Their history as adept seafarers and river runners has afforded them a certain degree of freedom under the Shadow, offering their services to transport cargo and soldiers to orcs and legates alike. What few realize is that being tolerated by Izrador’s forces enables them to fight the Shadow in their own way - as smugglers and spies.
Gnomes are the size of a halfling, though slightly stouter, with bronze skin, pale eyes, and jet black hair. They favor loose pants and brash vests marked with their family’s seal. They are typically armed with small daggers and crossbows with which to fish and protect their riverboats and crew.
- Confidence: Gnomes are both cunning and confident, starting with a +2 Charisma.
- Low Light Vision: Gnomes are adept hunters and often navigate rivers and seas at night. They ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
- Short: Gnomes begin with a Pace of 5.
- Size (-1): Gnomes stand only 3-4 feet tall.
- Small: Gnomes are smaller and weaker than most races and begin with -1 Toughness.
- Riverfolk: Gnomes are accustomed to living in and around water. They begin with d6 Swim and d6 Boating.
- Silver-Tongued: Trading and smuggling are a lifestyle to Gnomes. They begin with d6 Persuasion and d6 Streetwise.
Dunni, commonly known as Halflings, are believed to be descended from Danisil, though it is not known for certain, and live freely as nomadic tribes on the open plains in large tents to avoid the fate of their enslaved brethren. Almost exclusively nomadic, a few farming families live in sod villages in the southeastern margins of Erethor, kept alive by their exceptional horticulture skills and watchful wogren.
Halflings are nearly as dark-skinned as the Danisil with the same coarse hair worn in small, intricate braids which mark their tribal affiliation. They wear durable clothes of leather and wool.
- Agile: Dunni are notoriously quick and agile. They begin with d6 Agility.
- Fearless: Dunni are curious and fearless in equal measure. They gain +4 bonus on all Trait tests to overcome fear.
- Low Light Vision: Dunni are adept hunters and ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
- Lucky: Dunni seem to create magic through instinct and happy accidents. They begin with the Luck Edge.
- Short: Dunni begin with a Pace of 5.
- Size (-1): Dunni stand only 3-4 feet tall.
- Small: Dunni are smaller and weaker than most races and begin with -1 Toughness.
- Diverse Backgrounds: Dunni come from either an agrarian or nomadic society. Choose one of the following to reflect their origins:
- Agrarian: Begin with d6 Healing.
- Nomadic: Begin with d6 Riding.